The Best of 2011 award program recognizes artists, galleries, events, curators and exhibitions shown throughout the year in commercial galleries, studios and co-ops within Denver’s Art District on Santa Fe.
How It Works
The community at large selected the nominees and voted their favorite winners in each category. Once the votes were tallied, the awards were given at the 3rd Friday Gala Reception on January 20, 2012.
Here’s a Recap of the Winners in Each Category
- Best Solo Exhibition by a Colorado Artist: Terri Bell, Metaworks, CORE New Art Space
- Best Solo Exhibition by a National Artist: John Wood, Considering Eden, Space Gallery
- Best Group Exhibition: Reclamation Center for Visual Art
- Best Curated Exhibition: Dia de los Muertos, Curated by Carlos Fresques, Studio 12 Gallery
- Best Gallery: CORE New Art Space
- Best Event: Dia de los Muertos, CHAC Gallery
- Best Studio Artist: Terri Bell, Tbell Photographic Studio & Gallery
- Best Graffiti Wall: Boxcar Gallery
- Write-In Category - Best Installation: Octopus Garden by Matt Graff, Kanon Gallery
Congratulations to all the winners, nominees and people who participated in the event this year! It was a blast.